We love the summer time. It’s a time full of weddings, time spent with family + friends, and so much more! It’s also a time to plan, a time to plan future weddings, future dreams, and future ideas. This is why we want to make it a point to give you some of our personal tips and tricks when it comes to planning your special day.
When choosing a wedding photographer, we feel it is very important to know what your theme for your wedding is - boho, floral, intimate, formal, casual, etc. Why? Well you want your photographs to capture and represent that same theme throughout.
Every photographer has their own style, their own way of storytelling. And that’s exactly what they are doing, telling the story of your day. So you want to be sure their style matches yours. The photographer is there to capture those raw + emotional parts of your day, so you want it to be an accurate representation of it. Here are some questions we feel are important to as when searching for the perfect fit.
- Is our date available?
- What is your personal style when shooting a wedding and editing? (Documentary, Portrait, Fine Art, Edgy + Bold, etc.)
- Can I see a portfolio of your work? (if you haven’t already - most likely there will already be example on their website)
- How many weddings have you shot, and have you shot ones similar to mine?
- Have you worked at my venue location?
- What exactly is included in your packages?
- What is the deposit and total fee?
- Will you be my actual photographer or will it be one of your associates?
- Is there a fee for a second shooter?
If you loved this post and want to see more like this, then feel free to click HERE to learn more about our tips for finding the perfect venue and why having a wedding coordinator is so important!