When WeddingWire inspired us with the idea of sharing our wedding planning tips + tricks with everyone we couldn’t believe we hadn’t done so already! So, today we are sharing what we've learned when it comes to your wedding venue + coordinator, plus a beautiful checklist wedding wire has designed for all the beautiful couples in the engagement season.
Once you’ve gotten engaged it's important to begin talking with your fiancé and families about determining the size of your wedding and if you want it to be intimate, formal, causal, boho, etc. These details will be so helpful when narrowing down your venue. We believe choosing a venue is one of the most important next steps to take once you have gotten engaged. A venue can set the whole tone for your big day, so be sure to ask all the important questions such as:
- Is our date available?
- Can they accommodate our potential guest size?
- Are there any additional costs for the venue not already mentioned?
- How many hours do we have the space for?
- Do you have a liquor license or will we need to provide our own?
- Is there a weather contingency plan for outdoor spaces?
- Are there any specific vendors we must use for your venue?
- Do you have a list of preferred vendors we could look through?
- Are tables, chairs, linens, plates, silverware, and/or glassware provided?
- Who is responsible for tear down?
Another HUGE detail you don't want to miss is making sure you have a wedding coordinator, WE REPEAT make sure you have a wedding coordinator! We have heard time and time again that couples that have chosen not to have at least a day of coordinator for their wedding day end up over spending, have family meltdowns, or the bride ends up having to run their entire ceremony on their own. Having a wedding coordinator helps to take away all the stress of the last minute details, how and when you are getting down the aisle and so much more. Here are some of the biggest reasons we find it important to have a full service or day of coordinator for your big day.
- Coordinators take care of all the little details from last minute touch ups of decor to making sure Aunt Cathy doesn’t barge in on your first look.
- Coordinators can help with your budget needs, making sure you book the best vendors within your budget.
- Coordinators help to make sure your day goes as smoothly as possible and get you down the aisle without any hiccups!
- You don’t have to ask a friend or family member to substitute as a professional wedding coordinator (because in reality they are not) and now they can enjoy your big day with you!
- Coordinators help you to focus on your vision for your big day and fully bring it to life!
- If you have tricky family dynamics to navigate, they are right there with you to help you along the way.
- But most importantly we believe you should be able to be 100% present and 150% happy on your wedding day! Your wedding day only happens once, so why not invest in someone that can take away any stress or responsibility other than soaking in every single moment of the day with the ones you love!
Did you love these helpful tricks and tips? If so, be sure to look out for another blog next week for tips on choosing the best photographer, videographer, florist + caterer. If you’re going through this process or are already married, we’d love to hear what you have learned in the comments below!